I have determined that I am incredibly morbid/sadistic on Wednesday evenings. I mean I listened to a guy describing how he turned this wizard into a corgi and then proceeded to give said corgi a columbian neck tie, and I genuinely enjoyed the mental image. Another guy detailed how his moth-man vampire basically sucked the life out of this tree guy leaving just a shriveled corpse and I just sat there enjoying the imagery. Another guy was talking about star wars disco and like using a light saber when doing that weird finger point thing and I just sat there thinking about how that would be a great way to slaughter people and like picturing the bodies. We dropped a ship covered with explosives onto a Wookee city and then detonated it and I marveled at the image of the fireball. That is some fucked up shit to take with a smile and gleam in your eye. I mean there is the whole it isn’t actually real it’s all in my head aspect of this but I’m not sure that makes it any better.
I am considering attempting dating, I figure its about time l gave it a try. The only problem is I don’t really know anyone I’d actually consider dating, and I’m so good at getting to know new people. I’m sure I can find someone…… yeah, right.
Simple apartment recipies and fixes:
1. Toaster garlic bread- spread buter on a piece of (frozen) bread sprinkle on a little garlic powder (to taste) and pop in toaster and toast to your satisfaction.
2. Sauce cubes- if you are worried about not letting your pasta sauce go moldy pour excess sauce into ice cube trays and feeze. Once frozen remove from tray and put the cubes in some sort of storage container (in freezer) and promptly clean ice cube tray. I have found that 1-2 sauce cubes is typically sufficient for single servings of pasta or for a single tortilla pizza (described below).
3. Tortilla pizza- relatively simple recipe. Use a tortilla as the crust for your pizza. Spread on your sauce and cheese add whatever topings you want. Bake in oven until cheese is melted. If desired broil pizza until edges and cheese are browned.
4. Cheater grilled cheese- put two slices of bread in toaster and toast to slightly more than desired level. Put cheese on the slices of bread making it into a sandwitch pop sandwitch into microwave for 15-30 seconds.
5. Freeze milk- if you don’t drink much milk freeze the excess (I divided it into 1/4 cup portions in ziplock baggies and froze it propped up in ice cube trays).
Advice for dealing with towing companies:
1. Try not to have to deal with them, they are right unpleasant bastards. There is this thing called predatory towing basically they are always on the prowl for cars to tow so always watch your bumper.
2. Apparently they prefer cash transactions and will charge you for not using it. (In my experience).
3. Get your car back as soon as possible because they will charge you for them having to hold it for ransom.
4. They are (often) in places that are bloody hard to get to -especially if you’re walking (and who the hell would expect you not to be walking? They have your damn car!).
5. Try to avoid cussing at them because apparently there are some places that will charge you for swearing at them. I suggest taking the opportunity to practice your shit-eating smile.
And that unfortunately is the extent of my advice I’m sure there is stuff I don’t know, but yeah I thought I’d provide what little advice I have in case you ever find yourself in the unfortunate and irritating circumstance of having your vehicle towed.
Look at my pumpkin!!!
I am really kinda proud of it.
The past few days have been exceedingly exhausting and irritating so I’m just going to vent for a bit. Feel free to skip.
1. I have officially decided Celtic/Gaelic music is my go-to study/essay writing music because it typically has an upbeat/’happy’ lilting feel to it and it is typically more acoustic sounding and it still has vocals but because they are in a language I don’t understand I can filter them out and don’t have to worry about it interfering with what I’m reading or writing.
2. I suck at essay writing. I can never start and I’m constantly worrying that what I’m writing isn’t what they want or that it is going to be boring and just like every other essay that crosses their desk and then I have plagerism paranoia on top of that.
3. Since I hate essay writing so much it is very easy for me to put it off to the last possible minute and then get distracted while I’m working on it so it takes forever once I’ve started and am under time pressures.
4. Basically at this point I have plans not to sleep tonight which is going to make tomorrow an excellent day seeing as it is my long day, but since my one class isn’t physically meeting I could maybe take a nap… but probably not because I’ll have other things I have to do with that time.
5. Doing nothing is so easy.
1. I should stop making ‘to do’ lists they remind me how many things there are.
2. For the first time in- I can’t even recall- I’m thinking I can’t wait to turn 21 so I can drink alcohol.
3. I wonder what I’m like when I’m drunk… that’d be a sight to behold, I’m sure.
Addendum: In response to ‘2.’ above I opened up a small bottle of grape juice and poured it into a glass popped it in the freezer for a bit to ‘chill’ and then proceeded to drink it in small sips while pretending it was red wine. I’m honestly not sure if this is an example of pathetic self delusion or an admirable and ingenious method of working around obstacles. It’s probably a little bit of both.